Some Thoughts

Sunday, June 21, 2009

i hate cooking

When will I have an escape from this kitchen? It's my mother who tricked me into this cooking, saying it's an art, & every girl should learn this art, etc. When I grew old enough to get married she made me cook for large number of people in the pretence to teach me cooking. And I fell for all the praises I got with my preparations.

After marriage when i shifted with him, i carried loads of receipe books & paper cuttings & tried my culinary expertise on neighbours, friends & his collegues. I didn't know I was getting entangled in a web, just like that of a spider, giving nutrition to all, & never being able to escape..

Now I'm tired & I hate cooking. Wish every meal would be served to me by someone. The men in the house all with good appetite will never let me out of this boring job. I tried all my emotions there in the kitchen. Adding more spice, making it too salty, frying till it burnt, but no use.

Will I ever be able to escape, I wonder!

7 comments:

  1. Dear,

    catch me online at Gtalk, i will tell u how to link to the Park.

    love
    chhaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is.......tathaastu:) may ur wish come true ma'am:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Got over cooked? How about some raw fare? Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too..... I am waiting to go on a vacation next month,,atleast no cooking, cleaning and ironing for atleast few days.
    How have you been??? Good to see everyone at friends park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking reminds me of Chemistry labs, of success in experiments and an ever-crazy innovative mind that's always inventing. Still you hate cooking? Oh, ok ... wish you get that break ... and a wonderful evening in a restaurant with your family. After all, there's no day without food ... cooking or no cooking. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you will ever escape until you find the replacement of this cooking job..... and i don't think anyone will easily accept this job.....but surely you can take a break like other suggested...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of u, friends for the comments...I'm very busy these days...u know I'm a grandma now...Two month old little DEV is coming from Nanni's house, & am getting the house ready for him...c u all later.

    ReplyDelete